Thank you for taking care of this task for us to support your upcoming vacation with us at Village Center in Vail Colorado. It is required, by the property ownership, that the Rules and Regulations for the property and for your stay be understood and followed.
These rules and regulations are for this property and are enforced. This ensures your stay is great as well as those around you in the property.
Please read the information below, then complete the form at the end and sign indicating you are familiar with the rules and agree to follow them. Should you have questions about any of the information, please let us know prior to your arrival.
Village Center Condominium Association – Rules and Regulations for vacation renters
- Do not ask the on-site property manager for assistance – Renters are not to request assistance from the on-site management company for the Village Center Condominium Association (HOA) – they are responsible for overall property and building activities. All questions should be directed to Dan MacArthur, Fortress Mountain Properties, 970-846-1283 or Reach Destinations at 970-949-1993.
- Do not block common access areas – Any common sidewalks, driveways, entrances and passageways shall not be obstructed or used by renters for any other purpose than ingress and egress to and from the units.
- Personal items are to be stored inside the home – No articles shall be placed on or in any of the general common areas (hallways) for longer than 15 minutes. Skis, boots, and poles are not allowed to be stored in common areas and hallways. At no time shall any article be placed in the general common areas (hallways) in such a manner as to impede or prevent ready access to any part of the property.
- Commons areas are not play areas – Sidewalks, driveways, entrances, halls, and stairways will not be used as a play area(s).
- Do not block the driving and temporary parking areas – No vehicle belonging to or under the control of a renter should be parked in such a manner as to impede or prevent ready access to any part of the property. Any traffic flow markings and signs regulating traffic on the premises shall be strictly observed. Parking and loading areas are only for the renters, owners and guests use.
- Garbage and Recycling – Garbage and trash will only please placed in the garbage disposal in units or by use of common trash and garbage facilities located just south and west of the main entrance.
- No garments or other articles hanging on balconies – The balconies, common areas and hallways, shall be used only for the purposes intended and shall not be used for hanging garments or other articles or for cleaning rugs, household articles or other items. No rugs or other materials shall be dusted from windows, balconies, decks or patios by beating or shaking. Items approved on balconies would include fireplace wood, BBQ grills (gas-fired only), potted plants (if properly cared for) and Christmas trees, garland and wreaths (if tastefully decorated) during the holiday season.
- No Pets of any kind – No animals are to be kept, maintained or housed in the unit or on the property (unless with prior written approval for rentals of 30 days or longer).
- Theft – The home owner and HOA assume no liability for, nor shall it be liable for, any loss or damage to articles left or stored in any common or other area.
- Damages to common areas – Any damage to the general common elements or common personal property caused by the renter, children or family of a renter, or the guests of a renter shall be repaired at the expense of that unit owner. Renter will reimburse unit owner for the cost of the repairs.
- Pool, Fire Pit and Spa Areas – No personal furniture is allowed within the fence of the pool, fire pit, and spa area. No food or glass is allowed in these areas either. Beverages are allowed in non-breakable containers. Noise should be kept to a minimum. An adult must accompany children under the age of 12 at all times. No alcohol is allowed on the Town of Vail property, which is located on the south side of buildings A and B by the creek.
- If you leave the unit vacant during your stay – If you were to leave the unit unoccupied for more than 48 hours, you must decrease the thermostats in the unit to 60 degrees in an effort to reduce heating costs to the Association.
- No Smoking – There shall be no smoking, of any kind, in the unit, on Common Elements, including, but not limited to Balconies and hallways.
Fine Schedule for Rule Violations – June 1, 2013
Infraction and related fines
- Questions asked of Village Center Management (HOA) instead of asking your contact – $300
- Blocking of driveway by a renter or renter’s guest – $750
- Personal articles in general common elements (hallway or balcony) for more than 15 minutes – $150
- Renter has a pet on property without prior, written approval – $1,500
- Pool and spa area rule infraction – $450
- Renter gets locked out of home or damages any component of the Common Areas – $750
If the HOA notifies the home owner of an infraction or damage to the common area, the owner will notify you and you are fully and financially responsible for the cost of the damage and/or to the fine(s) as listed above. The cost of the damage and/or fine will be added to the cost of your stay and these costs will be due and payable within 7 days of notification.
Thank you again. Please complete the information below and sign to acknowledge receipt of these rules and regulations for the property.